Sunday, August 7, 2011

A Short Trip to the Magic Kingdom

Yesterday, I took the opportunity to take a quick stroll out at Magic Kingdom.  I enjoy going solo sometimes because it gives me a chance to take my time and take photos and catch details that most people just walk on by.  In fact i'm going to make it a weekly segment here on this blog to do a picture series called "The Rarely Seen Disney" I will be posting these on Wednesday of every week.

The reason I headed over to the Magic Kingdom yesterday is that I had heard that the new signage was up in front of the Enchanted Tiki Room.  Incase you hadn't heard, several months ago there was a incident with a fire in the attraction.  It has been closed ever since, but the imagineers took this to their advantage and the Tiki Room will be opening with, from what i've been told, a new "Tribute" show to the original.  Iago and Zazu are gone from the main show, no word if they may have stuck around to be the preshow (I'm almost wondering if thats the case).  The old, Under New a Management signage that had Iago and Zazu, is now gone and a new polynesian style sign that says Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room has taken it's place.  Also, the old Tropical Serenade sign that use to be over the entrance walkway also now reads, The Enchanted Tiki Room.   Here are a few shots I took including a shot through the mesh construction walls.   This didn't really reveal much of anything.  Double click the images to see the full image.



I haven't heard an official opening date yet, and the closed sign on the construction walls didn't give any hints.  But people have told me they have heard the test shows going on inside, so it won't be very long now.  I've even heard August 15th, as being a big possibility.  

I also noticed that with the recent construction of a new bridge leading into Adventureland from the castle hub, they added a new sign with some surprising and very cool elements.  First let me show you what the old sign looked like. 

Now the new sign.




Yep, skulls!  Watch out for those headhunters!  They have to go to the bathroom and they mean business. (Jungle Cruise joke).   Here are a few more close ups of the new sign.




















Also an extra edition that has been added to Adventureland is the Fairies.  The new Fairies meet and greet location, Tinker Bell's Magical Nook, has opened up just inside to the right of the Adventureland bridge.  The previous location was Pixie Hollow in Toontown, which is now gone forever and under construction to become part of the new Fantasyland.  I didn't go inside but I did take a photo of the first room of the cue.  A good video of the new Fairy location is HERE by Inside The Magic. 








Well thats it for this update.  Thanks for reading.  Remember, every Wednesday will be the Rarely Seen Disney segments!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, nice attention to detail! I can't say that I would've noticed the new Adventureland signage.

    ReplyDelete