Friday, August 12, 2011

Tortuga Tavern

El Pirata Y El Perico, was a quick service restaurant that was located in the Pirates of the Caribbean area of Adventureland.   The only time I have ever had the opportunity to eat there was about two years ago durring a Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.  The reason for this is because this quick service location was only open seasonally and only on peak days.  I also believe it shared a kitchen with Pecos Bills, so this probably helped keep the work load down. 


Recently, sometime within the time frame of the fourth Pirate movie, On Stranger Tides, being released,  this location was renamed and re-themed into the Tortuga Tavern.

The sign no longer features that of a grizzly peg-legged pirate, but that of Blackbeard's daughter, Angelica.  In addition, The flags of the pirate lords that were featured in At World's End,  Including Barbossa and Jack Sparrow now hang above the entrance way.  I believe this is a new feature, but I may be mistaken.  

But much like it's predecessor, it too is only open on peak seasonal days,  but from what I can remember of the menu is basically the same as it always has been.  A menu featuring taco salads and other dishes of that kind.  I just recently discovered my El Pirata sign photos, which reminds me how important it is for me to take photos and catch the little details.  Those little pieces of Disney park history might not be there the next time around.  So now I'm sharing it with you.



No comments:

Post a Comment